If you are anything like me, you are thrilled that Spring has Sprung! There is just something about this time of the year that gets me every year. The days are getting longer, it feels warmer outside, I can feel the doom and gloom of winter just leaving my body. Here are 5 ways that you can celebrate the arrival of spring in your own way.
- Get outside! Go for a walk or run. Spend some time sitting on your porch. Take the dogs (or kids) to run around at the park. Soak up some of that Vitamin D!
- Plant some flowers. I love that during Spring I can see the sprouting of leaves on the trees and flowers or plants popping up in the dirt. Go to the store to grab some of your favorite flowers or herbs and get a little dirty!
- Change your wardrobe. I know that with the warmer weather come some of my favorite things… my summer clothes and SANDALS! This is my favorite thing to do this time of the year. I am so tired of all the heavy sweaters and pants with boots all the time. Putting on some sandals and a dress makes me feel so much better! Along with this, paint your nails a fun spring color. Pastels or bright colors look great this time of the year!
- Go get ice cream. The girl in me who is trying to lose weight and fit in her wedding dress would disagree, but getting ice cream from your favorite place to celebrate them opening for the season on a nice day is a MUST, plus it’s helping support a local business.
- Open your windows. Get some of that fresh air in your house. Air everything out! Even having your window open for a few minutes gets rid of some of the stale winter air that has been cooped up all winter long. You and your house will feel better SO fast!
There are so many other ways to enjoy this weather and the change of the season!